Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd, leading providers of telecommunications training has announced they are working in partnership with SpanSet to provide access to the MATS Passport Training Package, a ‘Work at height’ safety training programme for workers in the telecommunications and broadcast industry.
SpanSet design, manufacture and supply Height Safety, Lifting and Load Control products. SpanSet’s training courses provide delegates with knowledge of equipment and techniques enabling them to operate safely in designated environments
“We are delighted to be working in partnership with SpanSet to provide this 5 day ‘working at height’ training programme. The course content compliments our range of telecoms courses to give you the skills required to access and work on tower structures and rooftops.” Adrian Davies, Head of Training, Ubi-Tech
The new qualification offer includes:
- MATS Initial Basic Tower Climber and Rescue
- Radio Frequency Awareness
- Rooftop Safety / Work Restraint
- Define their work environment in terms of a risk assessment and be able to select the appropriate method of work as a result.
- Understand what constitutes steep ground and when work position techniques become necessary.
- Understand the importance of avoidance of the hazard where possible.
- Understand the correct setting up of work restraint systems.
- Understand the limitations of retractable lanyards for use in work restraint.
- Practical The delegates will gain practical experience of using the equipment to create work restraint systems:
- Full Body Harnesses
- Work Restraint and Fall Arrest Lanyards
- Work Positioning Systems
- Horizontal trans fastener type systems
- Temporary Horizontal Safety Lines
- First Aid at Height
- This course conforms to MATS requirements and is Arqiva approved for the Gateway access scheme.
- Additional telecoms training courses available include:
- Anritsu certified Line Sweep and PIM training course
- Open College Network approved Level 5 courses in Wireless and Cellular Networks
Ubi-Tech has a proven and successful track record, helping delegates into rewarding new careers in the telecoms industry in widely diverse roles that include network designers, engineers, project managers and planning. Since 2016 their business has diversified into providing skills development for the corporate telecommunications industry, defence and public-sector and they are preferred training providers to Ericsson FSO, Anritsu and IRIS, The Royal Logistic Corps and The Royal Corps of Signals.
For further information about MATS Training package visit the Ubi-Tech course page. For all enquiries about Ubi-Tech’s accredited courses and programmes please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01527 529750
Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd
Telephone: 01527 529750
Media and Press Enquiries:
Telephone: 07473 100 919