7 November 2017
Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd host Ericsson Product Design Team
Ericsson AB, global leaders in communications technology, choose Redditch based telecommunications training specialists, Ubi-tech (3R) Ltd to host their Stockholm based Product Design Unit (PDU) and Field Service Operations (FSO) UK workshop sessions.
In the first visit of its type in the UK, Ericsson PDU took the opportunity to visit the UK FSO using West Midlands based Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd as a venue for the 30 plus visitors.
Ericsson PDU are key to shaping the way Ericsson sales teams can sell products to existing and potential customers and the way it functions and performs will directly influence their standing in the market. Ericsson sent its PDU to learn from the years of experience and practical engineering expertise within the UK’s Ericsson FSO team. The PDU gained valuable insight which, will enable them to develop hardware and improve future products and services.
As well as classroom based workshops, the PDU made visits to multi customer sites across the Coventry and Warwick region highlighting opportunities to develop site infrastructure and features.
Chris Turvey, Ericsson Competence and Development Manager, says: “This has been a unique opportunity for the FSO UK to really make a difference and the PDU team takeaways should not be underestimated as they provided an insight into real life as a field force and one which, in their own words ‘cannot be replicated sitting at a desk’. Ericsson UK FSO would like to take this opportunity to thank Ubi-Tech for it’s warm welcome and the professional way the event was organised. It reflects the standard we have come to expect from Ubi-Tech and without which would have meant a very different outcome to the week.
Richard Lee, Managing Director Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd, says: “ We are proud to host the Ericsson Product Design Team and the FSO, the UK is a diverse and complicated environment, presenting real challenges for the telecoms infrastructure and network. This diversity is unique, giving Ericsson the opportunity to develop strategies and solutions that will continue to shape the industry going forward ”
Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd have been providing corporate and specialist telecommunications training solutions since 2012, experiencing rapid growth from their widespread reputation for innovation within the telecoms training industry.
Ubi-Tech’s specialist training consultants set the benchmark in training standards based on their extensive knowledge gained from careers in defence and global communications. This unique combination of skill and experience enables Ubi-Tech to add real business value by influencing, challenging and leading on cutting-edge skills development and technological innovation.
Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd
Telephone: 01527 529750
Media and Press Enquiries:
Christine Dedman – Forces Enterprise Network
Telephone: 07473 100 919
Notes to editors
About Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd:
- Richard Lee, Managing Director co-founded Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd in 2012 following an illustrious 27 year career in the Royal Corps of Signals. Joined in 2014 by Mike Harbon as Operations Director who’s previous experience spans the Royal Navy to Head of technical skill development for the EMEA region of AT&T.
- Ubi-Tech is committed to inspiring and enabling access to industry careers for service leavers through military resettlement and to developing future generations of telecommunications specialists. To this end Ubi-Tech are working with Ericsson to develop the training of operatives and emerging leaders as part of the Early Careers programme giving access to a wide range of training opportunities and technological expertise.
- Ubi-Tech (3R) Ltd provides bespoke training and consultation programmes for corporate telecommunications firms and Defence.
- Programmes include:
- Advanced wireless technologies Radio engineering 4th generation Networks WI-FI and IP Cellular and mobile Level 7 programme
- University of Wolverhampton accredited Post-Graduate in wireless communication – 100% pass rate 2017