Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: dependant on experience but starting at £35+, Bonus 4.5%, 25 days holiday.
This role is for a technical savvy individual who has possibly worked in a 1st/2nd line support role and now looking to make the next step towards a more IT Security focused support role. The individual will be responsible for firstly helping to support the day to day working of the business and secondly provide expert help and resource to the UK and US teams around technology security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Assist with the deployment of security patches and updates.
- Review operation logs and event console activity to identify potential security-related events, determine cause of such events, and recommend respective counter measures.
- Assist in responses to internal and external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Perform periodic vulnerability scans and assist with the remediation of findings.
- Manage and support antivirus infrastructure and processes.
- Help to monitor security vulnerabilities, threats and events in network and host systems.
- Help to manage security technologies such as network, intrusion detection and prevention systems, Anti-Malware and Email Gateways.
- Analyse security breaches to determine their root cause.
- Update and upgrade security systems as needed.
- Work with members of other IS and user departments on projects and activities and resolve any software, hardware, and operation problems that may occur.
- Fault finding and resolving IT issues for staff across the business via telephone and email across multiple sites.
- Escalating issues to 2nd or 3rd line where necessary.
- Track all issues and keeping internal customers up to date and well informed.
- Keep to SLAs and deliver effecting resolutions
- New user setup and internal support for telephony, desktops, laptops and MFDs.
- This role requires out of hours support on a Rota basis.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
COMPETENCIES are classified as the work habits, attitudes, personal characteristics, and behaviors that reflect how a person accomplishes the duties and responsibilities of his/her job.
Customer Focused: Commits to meeting the needs and expectations of the organization’s internal and external customers; builds and maintains a customer base; delivers a high level of customer service; searches continually for ways to increase customer satisfaction (i.e., customer feedback).
Developing Others: Directs and motivates others; provides timely and specific feedback; changes coaching style to fit individual needs; assesses strengths and development needs of team members and provides opportunities for growth.
Influencing Others: Convinces and persuades others in either positive or negative circumstances to accomplish goals and objectives; modifies presentations to suit a particular audience; responds to objections successfully; uses tact when expressing ideas or opinions.
Critical Thinking: Defines and resolves a situation or problem by analyzing issues involved, weighing options, and evaluating alternatives; maintains objective attitude; approaches situations and problems systematically; uses observation, experience, reflection, and/or reasoning to drive business forward.
Decisiveness: Uses sound reasoning, available information, and past experience to solve problems in a timely manner; stands by decisions; ensures appropriate action is taken; makes decisions effectively.
Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
Innovative and Creative: Looks for ways to improve oneself, the job, the project, the system, and the organization; challenges conventional practices; generates new ideas to create novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
Leading Team Members: Provides clear direction and sets priorities to accomplish desired actions and results; seeks talented and skilled people to build high performing teams; keeps team members informed, ensures their needs are met, and removes barriers; delegates responsibility and empowers team members to do their jobs.
Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks and goals; uses goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
Relationship Management: Initiates and develops relationships with others; demonstrates credibility; confronts conflict quickly and professionally; inspires confidence in others.
- Any experience of IT Security processes and products would be ideal.
- A good level of knowledge in technical security protocols and mechanisms, would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- PC and network fault finding skills.
Send CV to email@example.com quoting ITSupport/J1