An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II based on their customer site in Hereford (with travel to 6 other customer sites in SW England). This is a full time, temporary role until 31st January 2019. Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm, starting ASAP, depending on experience. **Must already have SC clearance in place – please do not apply without this, as it cannot be provided**
Our client is looking for Desktop Support Engineers to work on Windows 10 builds/rollout across 7 customer sites (floor-walking), with an aptitude and an ability to work under instructions and direction in and amongst high profile customers.
- Provide desktop support for the technical infrastructure of the client.
- Develops project installation and escalation plans.
- Trains users according to technical, release and security standards.
- Develop and test enhancements to business solutions.
- Understand and apply formal development techniques, install solutions of moderate complexity.
- Involves customer technical liaison and the discussion and agreement of specifications.
- 3rd Line support – knowledge of Windows 10 build, including financial packages/bespoke, server admin, networking, telephony, peripheral software.
- May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues
- Good communication skills
- Able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
- Understands customer goals
- Identifies consequences of various solutions.
- Must have SC clearance as a minimum (the company cannot provide this, so please do not apply without it).
- Must be happy to travel to other customer sites around the South West of England
Online training at site will be available
Pay will be £100 a day plus £0.22p per mile after the first 30 miles.
Hotels are approved so location of engineers doesn’t matter to much so long as engineer is willing (10 Months)
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org