This training course provides the relevant knowledge to enable telecoms engineers to work safely using appropriate methods, procedures and equipment to install, inspect, test and maintain electrical equipment. This is a theory-based course.
£295 plus VAT
Aimed at Nokia telecoms engineers and sub-contractors working on single and 3 phase AC fed DC power supply systems incorporating rectifiers, batteries and isolation/change over switches. This course is intended for managers, field engineers and technicians who are responsible for the installation, inspection and maintenance of Nokia AC fed DC telecoms equipment.
There are no prerequisites.
At the end of the course students will:
- Be able to recognise the key elements of a typical AC/DC telecoms power system and demonstrate the relevant procedures for safe inspection.
- Be able to understand and identify the risks associated with live-working on AC and DC systems and understand the correct procedures for managing those risks.
- Be aware of the statutory and non-statutory requirements for safe working on electrical systems.
- Be able to demonstrate correct methods, tools and procedures to enable operatives to work safely on live electrical systems.
- Understand Nokia’s policies and procedures for safe working practices on Nokia sites and their associated equipment.
- Electrical Circuit Principles.
- Current Flow.
- Voltage Sources.
- Ohm’s Law and Electrical Circuits.
- Electrical Power.
- Alternating Current.
- Review of the Dangers of Electricity
- The effects of electricity (AC & DC) on the human body
- Methods of protection
- Safe working practices
- Basic Requirements for Telecommunications Power Systems.
- Direct Current Power Elements.
- Power Sources and Loads.
- Standards, Practices, and Codes.
- Nominal System and Operating Voltages.
- Rectifier Systems.
- Batteries for Telecoms systems
- Batteries and Cells.
- Battery Voltages
- Battery Life
- Cell Gassing and Ventilation
- AC Power Systems
- Nominal Voltages
- Over Current Protection
- Earthing and Bonding (including Lightning protection systems)
- Evaluation and summary
Multiple choice assessment with instructor led clarification and discussion.
Please call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org